Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Brin <Ad...@asu.edu> on 2015/04/29 22:37:36 UTC

mapping actions to names with periods

We have a couple of cases where we need to map struts actions to names with periods in them (e.g. /sitemap.xml ).  Is there any way to handle this?  We've disabled the struts.action.extension so we don't need the .action at the end:

    <constant name="struts.action.extension" value="," />

But, it seems like struts will not map an action to @Action("sitemap.xml")

thanks,

adam
Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278

Re: mapping actions to names with periods

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> We have a couple of cases where we need to map struts actions to names with periods in them (e.g. /sitemap.xml ).  Is there any way to handle this?  We've disabled the struts.action.extension so we don't need the .action at the end:
>

>     <constant name="struts.action.extension" value="," />
>
> But, it seems like struts will not map an action to @Action("sitemap.xml")

As far I remember I was doing like this:

<constant name="struts.action.extension" value=",xml" />

or REST plugin has some other mechanism but this can be overkill

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/