Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Maring <St...@trcinc.com> on 2000/04/05 13:56:52 UTC

RE: Tomcat won't start - Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoC lassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat

I encountered this error when I tried to use the pre-compiled version.  I
never could figure out where the Tomcat classes were.  If you get the source
and compile it yourself, you should end up with a $TOMCAT_HOME/classes
directory that contains all the Tomcat classes.  Just stick that in your
CLASSPATH and away you go.   :-)