Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com> on 2002/10/31 14:55:01 UTC

TLD not found

I get the following error when running the JSP in tomcat 4.1.12 on W2k

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null(-1,-1) File "/struts-layout" not
found...... (and the rest of the stack trace)

In web.xml I have
<taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/struts-bean</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

On top of JSP I have
<%@ taglib uri="/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>

However it worksfine if i give a full path in the JSP as
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

But according to TagLib Specs the first one is also valid. Or is it not?

Re: TLD not found

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Affan Qureshi wrote:

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:55:01 +0500
> From: Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com>
> To: struts-user <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: TLD not found
>
> I get the following error when running the JSP in tomcat 4.1.12 on W2k
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null(-1,-1) File "/struts-layout" not
> found...... (and the rest of the stack trace)

So why is your page using "/struts-layout" instead of "/struts-bean"?

Craig