Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Tomáš Procházka <t....@centrum.cz> on 2010/03/24 15:30:35 UTC

return simple String[] or List

It's possible return simple String[] or List<String> with ibatis maping?

In documentation is only 'int' 'hashmap' and collection of own class.
Itried resultType="java.util.String[]" or resultMap="java.util.String" and it doesn't work

--
Tomas Prochazka

Re: return simple String[] or List

Posted by Ingmar Lötzsch <il...@asci-systemhaus.de>.
Class String is in package java.lang.

Re: return simple String[] or List

Posted by Nathan Maves <na...@gmail.com>.
Tomas,

I am assuming that you have not read the developers guide and I just
giving things a go.  You need to read the guide completely.

In this case Guy was saying that if your query only returns a string
then set the resultType to String.  Then use the ibatis queryForList()
to compile your results into a List<String>.

Nathan

Posted by Tomáš Procházka <t....@centrum.cz>.
Hi.

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
Sure, that will work, but what is the point?  That result map doesn't
really buy you anything.  Why not just specify a resultType in your
select instead of a resultMap?

On 3/25/2010 7:43 AM, Tomáš Procházka wrote:

> I found solution i have this in xml mapping file
>
>   <resultMap type="java.lang.String" id="domainsResult">
>     <result property="" column="domain"/>
>   </resultMap>
>
> <select id="selectAvailableDomains" resultMap="domainsResult">
>   SELECT domain FROM queue WHERE ended IS NULL GROUP BY domain
> </select>
>
> and this in Mapper class
>
> List<String>  selectAvailableDomains();
>
> and it works

>> Od: "Guy Rouillier"<gu...@burntmail.com>
>> Komu: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
>> Datum: 24.03.2010 18:10
>> Předmět: Re: return simple String[] or List<String>
>>
>> On 3/24/2010 10:30 AM, Tomáš Procházka wrote:
>>>
>>> It's possible return simple String[] or List<String>   with ibatis maping?
>>
>> You don't mention which version of iBATIS you are using, so I'm assuming version 3.  This works:
>>
>> 	<select id="selectBundleId" resultType="string" parameterType="string">
>>

>>> In documentation is only 'int' 'hashmap' and collection of own class.
>>> Itried resultType="java.util.String[]" or resultMap="java.util.String" and it doesn't work
>>
>> The documentation says this: "Note that in the case of collections, this should be the type that the collection contains, not the type of the collection itself."  The type that the collection contains is string.
>>
>> -- Guy Rouillier

Guy Rouillier

Re: return simple String[] or List

Posted by Tomáš Procházka <t....@centrum.cz>.

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
You want result*Class*="java.util.String" - not result*Map*="java.util.String".

Larry

Re: return simple String[] or List

Posted by Maciej Radochonski <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomas,

You can use "queryForList". It will return a List<?> of objects specified in
resultMap/resultClass.

Maciej Radochonski
mradochonski@gmail.com
http://www.mradochonski.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mradochonski
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers
write code that humans can understand