Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by emma1023 <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 15:56:47 UTC

How sorlcloud distribute data among shards of the same cluster?

How solrcloud manage distribute data among shards of the same cluster when
you query? Is it distribute the data equally? What is the basis? Which part
of the code that I can find about it?Thank you so much!

Re: How sorlcloud distribute data among shards of the same cluster?

Posted by Boon Low <bo...@brightsolid.com>.
Thanks. My colleague also pointed a previous thread and the solution out: add a new update.chain for data import/update handlers to bypass the distributed update processor.

A simpler use case example for SolrCloud newbies could be on distributed search, to experience the features of the cloud-based version, how it compares with the existing distributed search. This involves firing up a single node SolrCloud, quickly re-creating multiple logical cores with existing tools and testing them within a search collection. The default distributed update processor may be confusing in this case. At least how it can be opted out should be explained on the wiki.

Impressed with the distributed search and real-time update!

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boon Low <bo...@brightsolid.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.