Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Frank Tuan <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/25 19:28:22 UTC

Problem running example app using Stomp

Hi,

I'm trying to get Stomp working for the example app that come with the
binary distribution.  When I start the producer, I get the following
exception:

[java] Caught: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet implemented!
     [java] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet implemented!
     [java]     at
org.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.initiateClientSideProtocol(StompWireFormat.java:293)
     [java]     at
org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportChannel.start(TcpTransportChannel.java:191)
     [java]     at
org.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosed(ActiveMQConnection.java:810)
     [java]     at
org.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.start(ActiveMQConnection.java:639)
     [java]     at ToolSupport.createConnection(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at ProducerTool.run(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at ProducerTool.runTool(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at ProducerTool.main(Unknown Source)

Do I need to provide the implementation for the
initiateClientSideProtocol method?  What am I missing?  Please advise.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: Problem running example app using Stomp

Posted by Taplin Steve <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
James,

Thanks for responding on this thread.

Is there a way/configuration in which a Stomp client
can (following an initiating message) receive a
server-side response message as opposed to a (as yet
unimplemented) client-side message as a consequence of
traversing through a JMS-legacy-JMS bridge?

Regards,
Steve

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
We do not yet support stomp as a JMS client protocol; we have just
implemented the server side transport. So you need to use a Stomp
client to talk to ActiveMQ; you cannot use stomp in the JMS client
currently.

James

On 25 Jan 2006, at 18:28, Frank Tuan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Stomp working for the example app that come with the
> binary distribution.  When I start the producer, I get the following
> exception:
>
> [java] Caught: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet
> implemented!
>      [java] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet
> implemented!
>      [java]     at
> org.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.initiateClientSideProtoco
> l(StompWireFormat.java:293)
>      [java]     at
> org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportChannel.start
> (TcpTransportChannel.java:191)
>      [java]     at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosed(ActiveMQConnection.java:
> 810)
>      [java]     at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.start(ActiveMQConnection.java:639)
>      [java]     at ToolSupport.createConnection(Unknown Source)
>      [java]     at ProducerTool.run(Unknown Source)
>      [java]     at ProducerTool.runTool(Unknown Source)
>      [java]     at ProducerTool.main(Unknown Source)
>
> Do I need to provide the implementation for the
> initiateClientSideProtocol method?  What am I missing?  Please advise.
>

> Thanks,
> Frank

James
-------

Posted by Frank Tuan <fr...@gmail.com>.
3.2.1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Taplin Steve <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Frank,

(We seem to be the only people on here!)

I am having the exact same problem (I'm sure you've
read my earlier query on the same topic).

Unfortunately, I'm still eagerly looking for a
solution.  I am trying the discussion forum also.  If
I get any further then I will post it.  Please could
you do the same if you get lucky!

The promise of products like servicemix is legacy
integration.  The simplicity of the Stomp protocol
gives exciting potential to an excellent messaging
architecture in ActiveMQ...but only if the legacy
client can hear the response!

Kind regards,

Steve.