Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Takashi Yamamoto <ya...@midokura.com.INVALID> on 2023/03/08 16:08:12 UTC

recent WASM build stuff

hi,

let me repeat my concerns about the recent addition of WASM module
build support here
as i think it warrants a ML discussion.
https://github.com/apache/nuttx-apps/pull/1609#issuecomment-1460411089

honestly speaking, i feel the feature is halfly-baked at best. maybe
it's a misfeature.

* i feel that building wasm modules is not a job of nuttx-apps unless
it involves something very nuttx-specific. is there something like
that planned? what's that?
* CONFIG_BENCHMARK_COREMARK=y enables both of wasm module build and
nuttx-native build of the app. i guess they should be controllable
independently.
* it's awkward to prefer wamr-specific libc implementation over
wasi-libc. especially when you use wasi-sdk.