Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Aaron Radzinski <ar...@datalingvo.com> on 2020/06/12 18:29:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NLPCraft (Incubating) 0.6.1

Hello all,
This is a call for a vote to release Apache NLPCraft (incubating) version
0.6.1. Apache NLPCraft is a library for adding a natural language interface
to any application.

The Apache NLPCraft community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache NLPCraft (Incubating) version 0.6.1. We would like to
request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator release.

Release information:
1. PPMC vote result thread:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nlpcraft-dev/202006.mbox/%3cCACwEJt91KdfkQNtBb9msEKQo4sKy5_vSQWyobft57eEibapRqw@mail.gmail.com%3e
2. Release location:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/nlpcraft/nlpcraft/0.6.1/
3. Git tag: https://github.com/apache/incubator-nlpcraft/tree/v0.6.1
4. JIRA issues fixed in release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NLPCRAFT/versions/12347775
5. KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nlpcraft/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until a necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thank you,
--
Aaron Radzinski

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NLPCraft (Incubating) 0.6.1

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
+1 (binding) carrying my dev vote forward.
I'll note here for anyone running the test suite under Windows - there
seems to be some issues on some systems that are being looked at in
parallel and testing using WSL2 seems to avoid the problem.

Cheers, Paul.

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache NLPCraft (Incubating) 0.6.1

Posted by Aaron Radzinski <ar...@datalingvo.com>.
I'm cancelling this vote due to licensing concerns found in [1].

1.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r5a2954287e2db23a26c4a22880fea5beceb352af1a6fb2e8323d0cbc%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
--
Aaron Radzinski

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

-1 (binding) due to licensing concerns. You might want to consider using the WIP disclaimer

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hash correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing a number of 3rd party licenses
- NOTICE mentions MIT licensed software there’s no need to do this
- No unexpected binary files (but it would still be a good idea to rename that .bin files)
- Can compile from source

I think the a number of licensing issue that need to be resolved here:
- Where did this geo son files come from? [1] it seem it might be from here? (which states it’s legal status is dubious)
- This file [2] come from the moby project and need to be mentioned in LICENSE
- These file [4][5][6][7] are of unclear origin and license. One come from [8] where the license is blank.
- This file [9] copied from [10] which terms of use state " User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom” which would be incompatible with the ALv2.
- A simpler situation exists with [11] as with [9]

Thanks,
Justin

1.  ./nlpcraft/src/main/resources/geo/*
2. https://github.com/johan/world.geo.json
3.   ./nlpcraft/src/main/resources/moby/*
4. ./nlpcraft/src/main/resources/opennlp/en-lemmatizer.dict
5. ./nlpcraft/src/main/resources/opennlp/models.txt
6. ./nlpcraft/src/main/resources/spell/dictionary.json
7. ./nlpcraft/src/main/resources/synonyms/synonyms.json
8. https://github.com/richardwilly98/elasticsearch-opennlp-auto-tagging
9 ./nlpcraft/src/main/scala/org/apache/nlpcraft/server/geo/tools/unstats/codes.txt
10. http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49alpha.htm
11. ./nlpcraft/src/main/scala/org/apache/nlpcraft/server/geo/tools/unstats/subcontinents.txt