Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2016/06/04 07:53:02 UTC

Versioning?

Hi folks,
As we are sooort of approaching the point where we should probably kick
a release out the door (the changelog is growing!), I got to think about
versioning.

Should we stick with the current scheme, and call the next version 0.9
(and then master would move to 0.10b), or should we adopt semantic
versioning, and call the next/first release 1.0.0 and have master be 1.1?

Thoughts? Comments? Ponytalk?

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: Versioning?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
I am +1 for going with the 1.x for the first of the releases under the
umbrella of the ASF.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>