Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk> on 2013/06/02 16:23:05 UTC

Re: Camel Splunk component

Small update on this.

The Splunk Dev team wants to keep there releases in their own  repository
<http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/04/04/splunk-sdk-for-java-now-has-maven-support/>
(as i read this no support for Maven central from their side).

Same goes for osgi as stated on this thread
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/49450/splunk-java-sdk-as-osgi-bundle

I guess this will make it harder for the camel-splunk component to be
donated.

Re: Camel Splunk component

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
yeah thats possible.
I have some last features on the consumer side to hack on. When thats
complete lets see if we can get the Splunk dependencies hosted via SMX at
maven central :-)

Re: Camel Splunk component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Maybe the SMX team can do a OSGi wrap bundle of splunk and release it
in maven central as they do today
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/

Then we can use that bundle/JAR in the camel-splunk component.

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Preben.Asmussen <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:
> Small update on this.
>
> The Splunk Dev team wants to keep there releases in their own  repository
> <http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/04/04/splunk-sdk-for-java-now-has-maven-support/>
> (as i read this no support for Maven central from their side).
>
> Same goes for osgi as stated on this thread
> http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/49450/splunk-java-sdk-as-osgi-bundle
>
> I guess this will make it harder for the camel-splunk component to be
> donated.

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.