Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2012/05/17 22:41:29 UTC

Discussions should be on ooo-dev@

As a general rule, any discussion about the AOO project of any kind
should be held on the ooo-dev@ mailing list, or the appropriate more
focused publicly archived list (ooo-marketing@, qa, native language
list, users, etc.).

If you're in doubt, your post should probably be on a public list.

The only exclusions are about security issues (probably best on
ooo-security@), or discussions about individuals; i.e. about specific
committers or contributors as people or committer nominees (versus about
technical ideas or contributions).  Another exclusion is when responding
to a third party request that comes to ooo-private@ where the third
party requests or expects privacy.

Just a friendly reminder about keeping the recent level of ooo-private@
traffic down, some of which really belongs here on ooo-dev@.

- Shane, AOO Mentor

Re: Discussions should be on ooo-dev@

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
On Thursday, May 17, 2012, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> As a general rule, any discussion about the AOO project of any kind should
> be held on the ooo-dev@ mailing list, or the appropriate more focused
> publicly archived list (ooo-marketing@, qa, native language list, users,
> etc.).
>
> If you're in doubt, your post should probably be on a public list.
>
> The only exclusions are about security issues (probably best on
> ooo-security@), or discussions about individuals; i.e. about specific
> committers or contributors as people or committer nominees (versus about
> technical ideas or contributions).  Another exclusion is when responding to
> a third party request that comes to ooo-private@ where the third party
> requests or expects privacy.
>
> Just a friendly reminder about keeping the recent level of ooo-private@traffic down, some of which really belongs here on ooo-dev@
> .

+1 especially since we are on the graduation trail.