Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by luca <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/25 12:26:42 UTC

how to install gadget

Hello Chris,
could you help me?
I installed shindig and partuza. They work together but I have a little problem.
I have an "hello_world.xml", my first gadget. I dont' understand in which folder
I have to put it to see it working in partuza.
Best regards,
Luca

Re: how to install gadget

Posted by luca <lu...@gmail.com>.
luca <lu...@...> writes:

> luca <lu...@...> writes:
>
> I substituted my shindig installation:
> mv shindig shindig_OLD
>
> then i downloaded again with this command:
> svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk
>
> and now it seems to work better....

OK,
i have only one problem now:
i can't upload photos in any of my albums...
Is there anybody who can help me?

Re: how to install gadget

Re: how to install gadget

Posted by luca <lu...@gmail.com>.
Agustin Casiva <ca...@...> writes:

> > OK thx,
> > when I login to partuza I see on the left Applications/Add applications.
> > When I click on that link i see a page in which i can add an application
> > by url.
> >
> > In this way i can use a gadget for my particular profile.
> > I would like  to  istall a gadget visible in all profiles.
> > Could u help me?
> >

> Mmmmm, I don't know if is possible to do that by default, maybe you have to
> hack a little into partuza to do that.
>
> Best Regards.

I see :-(
I notice I have some others problem, may You help me?
I installed shindig and partuza on ubuntu server 12.04 with php5.3.
When I go on partuza home page (before i log-in) i have 3 js errors:
1)Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal
Server Error)         http://shindig/gadgets/js/rpc.js?c=1
2)Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal
Server Error)         http://shindig/gadgets/files/container/osapi.js
3)Uncaught ReferenceError: gadgets is not defined        container.js:168

I found out I have no gadgets dir in /var/www/html/shindig.
I notice i have a gadgets dir in /var/www/html/shindig/content/
and gadgets contains two subfolders: compliance and compliance-1.0

To download shindig i used this command:

     sudo svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk

and then

     sudo mv trunk shindig

Could you help me to understand what kind of problem should I have?

If i login partuza I can add a album and add photos. I see my upload on db but
when i go on myprofile/Photos i can't see any album. I cant' write any message
to. Mybe these to problems are related to those three i wrote u before?
Please, if u can help me.

Re: how to install gadget

Posted by Agustin Casiva <ca...@gmail.com>.

--
Ing. Casiva  Agustin

Mail/Msn/GTalk/Jabber: casivaagustin@gmail.com
Skype: casivaagustin
CEL : 054-03722-15270639
Site: http://www.casivaagustin.com.ar

Re: how to install gadget

Posted by luca <lu...@gmail.com>.
Agustin Casiva <ca...@...> writes:

> In order to run Gadgets in partuza, you need to indicate the Url to the Xml
> Gadget inside the Partuza site,
> there is a menu option to include gadgets, if  I'm not wrong, is in
> Applications -> Edit.
>
> Best Regards
>
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM, luca <lu...@...> wrote:
>
> > Hello Chris,
> > could you help me?
> > I installed shindig and partuza. They work together but I have a little
> > problem.
> > I have an "hello_world.xml", my first gadget. I dont' understand in which
> > folder
> > I have to put it to see it working in partuza.
> > Best regards,
> > Luca

OK thx,
when I login to partuza I see on the left Applications/Add applications.
When I click on that link i see a page in which i can add an application by url.

In this way i can use a gadget for my particular profile.
I would like  to  istall a gadget visible in all profiles.
Could u help me?
Thank you for ur replay and help.
Luca

Re: how to install gadget