Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> on 2005/03/10 09:26:02 UTC

Examples Subproject (Re: [VOTE] Simplified Examples (was Simplified Examples))

Hi,

I thought about something like a *subproject* for our
MyFaces examples sometimes before.

We have now lot's of (different) applications that
demonstrated the use of MyFaces (and its components)

-the *hot* disscussed MyFaces-exmaple
-Tiles example
-WAP/WML example
-the new HelloWorld example

that is a lot's of good stuff!

So why not creating a subproject for that?
MyFaces is toplevel project and there is room
for something like that.

Struts has a similar facility. On SF they host
some *cool* examples or enhancements that are
not inside the *core* of Struts.

We must not host our examples @sf, but we could
start with something like

http://myfaces.apache.org/examples

so there is also room for some real world
examples (using Spring, Hibernate, EJB,...)
and also for the simplefied example.

What do you think about something like that?

-Matthias

--
Matthias Weßendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: Examples Subproject (Re: [VOTE] Simplified Examples (was Simplified Examples))

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think this is a wonderful idea. Having different applications
demonstrating the use of myFaces would be the best source of help for
the users and also a good reference for common patterns and
situations.
Users are asking over and over again the same questions (best ways to
use hibernate, tiles, etc...) so a good reference example is the
chance to improve our application design...
My +1 for this.

Bruno

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
If we go with the option of just adding simplified examples we should
change what goes in the current examples application.  I've been
saying all along that its ok to have a few sets of examples.

Currently the myfaces-examples basically has a simple example of every
component wrapped inside a more complicated set of JSP for the menu
support, etc.  I don't think we want to maintain two sets of pages for
every component.  That is my only point.

Matthias, do you want to modify my simple examples and make a
simple-examples webapp?

What do you think?

sean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
OK I am going to put together a *new* simplifed-examples folder and
WAR and tweak the build scripts.  We'll leave the current ones alone.
It sounds like we have 100% agreement on that so I'll go ahead.  If
someone is available for check-in in a few hours please let me know.

sean

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org

Re: Examples Subproject (Re: [VOTE] Simplified Examples (was Simplified Examples))

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
done.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.