Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org> on 2020/05/15 12:52:57 UTC

requiredTextParameter with default option?

Hi all,

is there a method for .requiredTextParameter(Labels.withId())

which allows to set a default text similar to the
.requiredIntegerParameter method?

I also found a .requiredTextParameter method with 2 boolean options. Is
there an example of when to use this method and what the boolean values
stand for?

Greetings
Florian

Re: requiredTextParameter with default option?

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Florian,

it is possible to set the value directly in the FreeTextStaticProperty, which would be handled as a default value in the UI. However, there is currently no SDK convenience method for that. As I'm planning to extend and simplify the SDK anyways, we can add a method to better support default values.

The two boolean options for text parameters are (1) placeholderSupported, which renders a list of available fields in the UI which are replaced with real values at runtime and (2) multiLine, which renders a multi-line text input.

Would it be useful to have an issue that tracks sub-tasks on improvements/feature requests to the SDK?

Dominik