Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Oliver Schrenk <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 17:58:00 UTC

[surpress|ignore]Exceptions - what does this attribute do?

Hi,

My understanding is, that you just need this setting if and only if you use a FailoverAppender. That way you can propagate an exception to other appenders, if during the handling of a log message an exception occurs, say a JDBCAppender can’t connect to a database.

So if I have a don’t use a FailoverAppender, it doesn’t really make sense to set this attribute, right? Or is there some automatic fallback strategy?

Regards
Oliver