Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Adam Fields <ad...@graphika.com> on 2014/11/25 00:24:12 UTC

Giraph and Ruby?

Hi -

I’m just getting started with Giraph, and the documentation is vague on this point - is there any way to load data into the graph and/or issue graph traversal queries from ruby, or is java required?

Thanks!

-----------------
Adam Fields
Chief Architect
Graphika

adam@graphika.com

Re: Giraph and Ruby?

Posted by Adam Fields <ad...@graphika.com>.

Lukas Nalezenec wrote:
> Hi
> There is only Python support. If you want to use ruby just prepare
> files and submit MR job from command line.

Thanks - can you point me at some documentation for python support? Are
you talking about this jython adapter?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-683

If so maybe this would also work with jruby?

I'm looking for the ability to do computation on the graph, but also
ways to modify the graph programmatically without having the reload the
entire structure.

--
Adam Fields
Chief Architect

adam@graphika.com

Re: Giraph and Ruby?

Posted by Lukas Nalezenec <lu...@firma.seznam.cz>.
Hi
There is only Python support. If you want to use ruby just prepare files
and submit MR job from command line.
Lukas