Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jesse Ross <jr...@broad.mit.edu> on 2007/02/12 18:56:54 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Help with case INsensitive Aliases

Hi Jose,

Are you using apache 1.3 or 2.0?  I think the ?i flag is only supported
on 2.0.

If you're using 1.3 you could always do something along the lines of:

AliasMatch ^/[xX][yY][zZ]

Best,
Jesse Ross

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 2/16/07, Jose Adriano Baltieri <ja...@unimep.br> wrote:
> Jesse Ross wrote:
> > Hi Jose,
> >
> > Are you using apache 1.3 or 2.0?  I think the ?i flag is only
> > supported on 2.0.
> >
> > If you're using 1.3 you could always do something along the lines of:
> >
> > AliasMatch ^/[xX][yY][zZ]
> I'm using 2.2.4 on Windows.
>
> Some aliases are longer than 2 characters. So I really need a more
> elaborated RegEx...

You don't seem to understand the technique, which demonstrated above
with a 3-character alias.  And you also haven't answered the question
about what version you are using.  In addition, mod_rewrite can do
case-insensitive aliases using the NC flag for RewriteRule.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Help with case INsensitive Aliases

Posted by Jose Adriano Baltieri <ja...@unimep.br>.
Jesse Ross wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> Are you using apache 1.3 or 2.0?  I think the ?i flag is only
> supported on 2.0.
>
> If you're using 1.3 you could always do something along the lines of:
>
> AliasMatch ^/[xX][yY][zZ]
I'm using 2.2.4 on Windows.

Some aliases are longer than 2 characters. So I really need a more
elaborated RegEx...

> Best,
> Jesse Ross
>

> Jose Adriano Baltieri wrote:
>> I need to build an alias that is case INsensitive.
>>
>> Say that the url is this : http://www.myserver.com/xyz/filepath.htm
>>
>> I need that "xyz" can be typed anyway, that is, xYz or XYZ or whatever.
>>
>> How can I do that ?
>>
>> I have tried this :
>>
>> AliasMatch  (?i)^/xyz(.*)    "C:/xyz$1"
>> <Directory                           "C:/xyz/">
>>        Options MultiViews
>>        AllowOverride None
>>        Order allow,deny
>>        Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> What's wrong ? Notice that I already use mod_spelling. What I need is
>> simply the ALIAS to be case-insensitive, also.
>>
>> Thanks in advance !

Obrigado,
                Jose Adriano Baltieri - Analista de Sistemas
                DTI - CENTRO - UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                PIRACICABA - SP - Brasil - Fone : (19) 3124-1858