Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Yauhen Rybak <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 10:51:39 UTC

page-break-inside="avoid" problems...

Hello, Everybody!

Another question about page-break-inside="avoid".
I've tried to find any solution but I failed. I applied this attribute
to a block of text and it works. But when the block of text is more
bigger than entire page - the text wich have to be placed on the
second page is lost. I need this text to be carried over to the next
page.

Fop version is 0.93
JDK: 1.5.0_03

Thank you.

Re: page-break-inside="avoid" problems...

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Aug 31, 2007, at 10:51, Yauhen Rybak wrote:

Hi

> Another question about page-break-inside="avoid".
> I've tried to find any solution but I failed. I applied this attribute
> to a block of text and it works. But when the block of text is more
> bigger than entire page - the text wich have to be placed on the
> second page is lost. I need this text to be carried over to the next
> page.

According to the XSL-FO Recommendation, page-break-inside='avoid' as
a shorthand is 'expanded' to keep-together.within-page='always'.

Since the keep-value is "always", the CSS-shorthand 'page-break-
inside' cannot be used for your purpose. What you would need is
support for integer keeps (which is currently still absent in FOP,
unfortunately).

Sorry, no workaround comes to mind immediately.

Cheers,

Andreas