Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/08 19:14:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Microprofile repo

Hi guys,

I'd like to formalize a bit more the "microprofile repo" discussion so I'm
opening a new thread.

The goal is the following one: get a repository where to put transversal
code and provide a kind of "bom" or "starter" pom for users willing to get
geronimo-microprofile-* at once.

Originally it would just be one pom but I see it can evolve to manage N
poms (one per MP version) and potentially some ASF servers enriched with
the libs (to discuss later probably but it is to share what this repo can
host).

Wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: [DISCUSS] Microprofile repo

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Most of the implementations are based on CDI. Not sure if we need CDI 2,
> but that would definitely be something to add on the README.adoc for the
> project

Ok, so you are saying the target of the Geronimo MP BOM should be the base
Eclipse MP profile and not any concrete target? Note that I'm not
disagreeing. I'm just trying to get a clear picture.

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [DISCUSS] Microprofile repo

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Yes, currently we rely on CDI 2 (as MP 2).

Very short term the goal is to provide a way to have a MP server as simply
as adding a dependency in a pom (instead of wondering where to find jwt
auth, where to find opentracing, where to find openapi, etc...)
Then probably provide a zip with all the libs bundled (I know tomee can
directly grab it on m2 and add it to its libs in 2 line)
Also handle the doc (we have pretty much nothing yet except poor readmes)
And finally maybe built in some prepackage servers (i know tomee or
meecrowave would be trivial to do) <- to discuss a bit more and I don't
want this hold the new repo creation since it can be added after

That's my vision on that new place for us.

Anyone wants to lead that? I'm happy to help or to do it too but guess it
can be a way to enter MP too so letting a chance to others to grab some fun
;)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.