Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ole Andreas Hegle <he...@businesscape.no> on 2006/06/08 18:30:19 UTC

FW: Trusted Certificates

Hi

I am trying to add pom.xml over https, but I get an error that the
Certificate is not from a trusted issuer, is it possible to add a
certificate To a list of trusted hosts?

Regards Ole A. Hegle

Re: FW: Trusted Certificates

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Yes it is possbie, but i'm not sure is it the best-cleanest-purest solution.

If you have self signed certificate, you can "introduce" your cert on system
level like this:

do it with keytool from jdk

$ keytool -import -alias <alias> -keystore <keystore>

<alias> should be the ID used in cert creation (with server certificates it
is recommended to use the FQ hostname of the server)
<keystore> == $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacert

You should do this as root!
The keytool will ask you for password, the default pw is "changeit".
The keytool will ask you to "trust cert", you should answer "Yes".

Thats it.

WARNING! The cacert is the store for Java root CA-s. From now on, Java from
this $JAVA_HOME will trust to the imported cert completely!

~t~