Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Katsuyuki Michishita <km...@arriya.com> on 2000/12/20 10:34:51 UTC

how to eliminate port number?

tomcat need to put port number 8080 in the URL, is there any way that I do
not have to put 8080?

Re: how to eliminate port number?

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
On 12/20/2000 at 6:34 PM Katsuyuki Michishita wrote:
> tomcat need to put port number 8080 in the URL, is there any way that
I do not have to put 8080?

If Tomcat is the only Web server on the machine, change the default
Tomcat port to 80 in its server.xml configuration.

Re: how to eliminate port number?

Posted by Bhavesh Vakil <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Set you tomcat server on port 80. This setting is only work if no other server is running on port 80.

Bhavesh.
Posted by Alexander Telnikoff <at...@red-oct.u-net.com>.
I have this strange behaviour under Apache/Tomcat: the first time a new
browser tries to open a URL (a frameset pointing to a servlet), HTTP
response is not sent back and you get "Page not found or DNS error". If user
refreshes the page, everything works normally.

This behaviour is only evident when Tomcat is running. All non-servlets work
fine when served through Apache when tomcat is shut down. Has anybody
experienced a similar problem?

Alexander