Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Don Branson <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/28 22:37:27 UTC

With mvn release:prepare, is it possible to instruct Maven to use a forward slash in the submodule pom locations for the commit command?

I'm trying to resolve an issue which I've posted at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17367079/with-mvn-releaseprepare-is-it-possible-to-instruct-maven-to-use-a-forward-slas.
Is this a known issue with Maven+git+Cygwin? Is there a solution?

--
Don Branson

Re: With mvn release:prepare, is it possible to instruct Maven to use a forward slash in the submodule pom locations for the commit command?

Posted by Don Branson <do...@gmail.com>.
Jörg, I might, but I'd probably just try running the release from a linux
server first.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Don,

Don Branson wrote:

> I'm trying to resolve an issue which I've posted at
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17367079/with-mvn-releaseprepare-is-it-possible-to-instruct-maven-to-use-a-forward-slas.
> Is this a known issue with Maven+git+Cygwin? Is there a solution?

Years ago I was in this situation with Maven+svn+Cygwin. I simply
deinstalled the Cygwin svn and used a Windows version of the command line.
You just have to ensure that you checkout your sources in a directory that
is mounted with Cygwin's text flag i.e. my sources had all CR/LF EOL's and
all the Cygwin tools expected that because of the text mount.

Maybe you can use a similar setup with git ...

The main problem was (and is IIRC) that you don't have a Cygwin version of a

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
Agreed - I saw that.

You'd have to look at the patch and see how (if) it could be fitted to
the latest release plugin.

It does appear that this is a cygwin git issue, in that some git
commands accept the backslash, while others do not.

I wonder what core.ignoreCygwinFSTricks might do (see
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-config.html).

However, it's not clear to me that this would address the problem.

At this point, I'm just spit-balling . . .

/mde/

On 6/28/2013 2:36 PM, Don Branson wrote:
> Mark, I did see that. It's for Maven 2.x, I'm running 3.0.5. The bug
> is marked "Unresolved." Its presence in 3.0.5 seems to confirm that.
> I'd be surprised if the patch is still applicable in maven 3.
>

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Top-posting, which seems to be the style for this thread:
>>
>> Have you looked at:
>>
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/**browse/MRELEASE-581<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-581>

to see if the proposed patch fixes things for you?

.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Don't get confused by the version numbers: plugins written for Maven2
should still work for Maven3. For does depending on deprecated Maven2
code, a new version is often available.
There a list[1] available which of plugin versions which are known to not
be compatible, including the fixed version. By now all 2.x plugins should
work fine with Maven 3.

Robert

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-plugin-compatibility-matrix.html