Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 20:00:22 UTC

Committers group skype-up?

I would like to gather as many of the committers and TSN members as possible
for a group skype (voice and/or text chat). Mostly, I want to talk about
properly marketing Tapestry. I suspect about an hour will allow us to reach
a consensus. Importantly, this is NOT about technology or project
management, but about finding ways to raise awareness and adoption of
Tapestry.

The first step is to narrow down a time.  I realize not everyone will be
able to make it, due to time zone issues. I'll stay up til 3am if I have
to.  I'm on PST  (GMT - 8), so my morning is many people's afternoon or
evening.  Given people's work schedules, this Saturday (6/10) may work.

What I need is an email from everyone who would like to participate, with a
skype id and a time zone, and preferences for when the meeting should
occur.  I'll try and find some kind of compromise time slot that includes as
many people as possible.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry

Re: Committers group skype-up?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about that.

Just for future stuff though, you can actually get it to work on amd64
(assuming ubuntu? ) if you do the 32emul hack. Google it. ..(it's not fun or
as nice looking but works)

On 6/9/06, Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu> wrote:

> Unfortunately...
> 1.  This weekend is no good for me.
> 2.  Skype does not work with amd64 linux - so I couldn't participate
> anyway :(
>
> If someone takes meeting notes, please pass them along.
>
> Paul
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > I would like to gather as many of the committers and TSN members as
> > possible
> > for a group skype (voice and/or text chat). Mostly, I want to talk about
> > properly marketing Tapestry. I suspect about an hour will allow us to
> > reach
> > a consensus. Importantly, this is NOT about technology or project
> > management, but about finding ways to raise awareness and adoption of
> > Tapestry.
> >
> > The first step is to narrow down a time.  I realize not everyone will be
> > able to make it, due to time zone issues. I'll stay up til 3am if I have
> > to.  I'm on PST  (GMT - 8), so my morning is many people's afternoon or
> > evening.  Given people's work schedules, this Saturday (6/10) may work.
> >
> > What I need is an email from everyone who would like to participate,
> > with a
> > skype id and a time zone, and preferences for when the meeting should
> > occur.  I'll try and find some kind of compromise time slot that
> > includes as
> > many people as possible.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.

Re: Committers group skype-up?

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Unfortunately...

Posted by Steve Motola <sm...@thelabllc.com>.
skype id: steve.motola
preferred start time: PST time Saturday after 18:00 if possible

Some possible areas for discussion:

Articles
Press Releases
Conferences
Tools
Case Studies
JUGs

Quoting Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>:

> Howard Lewis Ship <hlship <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > What I need is an email from everyone who would like to participate, with
> > skype id and a time zone, and preferences for when the meeting should
> > occur.  I'll try and find some kind of compromise time slot that includes
> as
> > many people as possible.
>
> email: kent@cpttm.org.mo
> skype id: freemant2000
> time zone: GMT+8
> preferred start time: PST time Saturday 9:00-10:00 or 18:00-23:59
>
> I don't have mic and headphone. I'll try to find one but may have to use
> text
> chat only.
>
> --
> Kent Tong
> Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Steve Motola
smotola@thelabllc.com
(310) 422-5521

The Lab, LLC
http://www.thelabllc.com

Content is for intended recipient only.

Re: Committers group skype-up?

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
I'll have to check with The Boss and get back to you.

Geoff

The Spindle guy. http://spindle.sf.net
Blog:                  http://jroller.com/page/glongman
Other interests:  http://www.squidoo.com/spaceelevator/

Re: Committers group skype-up?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'll attempt to take notes and publish to the private mailing list.

Posted by an...@di.uoa.gr.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm in.

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Howard Lewis Ship <hlship <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If we switch it to, say 10pm UK time, that's 2pm Portland time, and   3 - 5
> pm for the other US participants. Is that a good compromise?

Then I'm afraid that I can't join (it's 5:00am in Macau). But let me know
the decisions made and if there's anything that I can help.

Posted by Steve Motola <sm...@thelabllc.com>.
Doh.  Y'all make decisions too fast for those of us not connected to the web
with IVs.  I thought it was 6pm.

Can try to make 2pm PST - but this is final?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
I can't make the 5pm EST time. Looking forward to reading the notes.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it at that time (forgot about
an appointment at 2). Look forward to reading the notes.

-warner

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Cool. I'll have to drop out after the 1st half hour though.

Geoff

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
We've created a shared tapestry google calendar now as well. It is publicly
viewable and manageable (ie adding more editing users) via
Howard/myself/Steve Motola currently so hit up any of those people to get
yourself added in as an editing user.

The feed address is :
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/3jdpekfhg2vudkgqqqdjg13utg@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

iCal address:
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/3jdpekfhg2vudkgqqqdjg13utg@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

If you have a gmail account you should just be able to go to the google
calendar app section and search for tapestry.

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Howard,

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me, my skype username is jkuhnertsk. Don't really care what
time it is as long as it's not past 1am or so EST.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Well, if that's the case, then my Skype id is "jwcarman".  Just give me a
heads-up about when you guys want to hook up so that I can become more
acquainted with Skype prior to the meeting.  Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Skype is free and easy to set up.  Just install, register, and try to
contact me (so I can add you to my contacts list).

Posted by Chris Nelson <cn...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I don't know if I'm actually invited or not, but I'd like to be involved.
I'm starting to contribute heavily to the tapestry community and I'd like to