Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lars Schouw <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/15 19:28:47 UTC

Only one node in Cassandra AMI cluster

When I start Cassandra AMI cluster with 4 nodes on AWS and open the OpsCenter there is only one node shown. I followed the doc http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/install/installAMILaunch.html
I choose
Region      AMI
us-east-1   ami-ada2b6c4
I set the number of Ec2 instances to 4 and advanced details to "--clustername myDSCcluster --totalnodes 4 --version community"
Then after launching and waiting a bit I can only see one node in the cluster
ubuntu@ip-XXXX:~$ nodetool status
Note: Ownership information does not include topology; for complete information, specify a keyspace
Datacenter: us-east
===================
Status=Up/Down
|/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
--  Address        Load       Tokens  Owns   Host ID                               Rack
UN  XXX  59.24 KB   256     100.0%  XXXX  1c

Re: Only one node in Cassandra AMI cluster

Posted by Mark Reddy <ma...@boxever.com>.
Good to hear.

Mark

Posted by Lars Schouw <sc...@yahoo.com>.