Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/13 11:07:24 UTC

[BEER] And another one: MyFaces meeting at the ApacheCon Europe

Hi everyone,

Matthias, Sylvain and me (as the MyFaces committers being on site at
the ApacheCon conference) would like to invite you to a get-together
at the ApacheCon Europe on Wednesday, 20th of July 2005. The exact
time and location of the meeting will be announced later on, we just
want to make sure that you keep this evening free of any other
obligations ;)

We would be very happy to see you all there!

regards,

Martin

Re: [BEER] And another one: MyFaces meeting at the ApacheCon Europe

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
Martin just gave me the exact meeting point & time for the get-together at
the ApacheCon Europe.

Date: Wednesday, 20th of July 2005
Time: 8 pm
Location: Haus der Wirschaft / Registration Point

Have a nice meeting & a couple of german beers.

regards,
Thomas

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.

Date: Wednesday, 20th of July 2005
Time: 8 pm

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
sorry, sorry...

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

as for the location for our meeting at the JavaOne: does anybody know
which beer-garden of the ones mentioned in the list down below would
be the nicer one for our meeting?

regards,

Martin

===========================
From: Jochen Kuhnle <li...@kuhnle.net>
Subject: [OT] Top 10 things to do in Stuttgart
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:16:46 GMT
Prev Next Prev by Thread Next by Thread

Hi,

for everyone going there, here are a few suggestions, in no particular=20
order, and of course highly biased:

1. Visit the "Fernsehturm" (TV-Tower): Touristy, but nice view.

   http://www.fernsehturm-stuttgart.de/index=5Fen.html

2. Eat suabian food at the "Stuttgarter St=E4ffele": Slightly expensive but=
=20
good, book ahead.

   http://www.staeffele.de/

3. Have a "Mass" (1 Litre of Beer) at the "Biergarten im Schlossgarten":=20
This is where the crowd is when the weather's good.

   http://www.biergarten-schlossgarten.de/

4. Have another "Mass" at the "Karlsh=F6he": Very nice view over western=20
Stuttgart, nice to walk up there.

   http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/stn/page/detail.php/16710

5. Take a bike through Killesberg Park, Rosenstein Park and Schlossgarten=20
back to the city centre. You have to push the bike through Killesberg Park =

(no cycling there), but afterwards its a nice downhill ride to Rosenstein. =

There is also a nice "Biergarten" between Killesberg and Rosenstein Park=20
near Pragsattel where you might have yet another "Mass". Takes 1.5 hours.

   http://www.killesberg-stuttgart.de/
   http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/stz/page/detail.php/16660
  =20
http://www.killesberg-kleinbahn.de/Downloads/schul=5Fausflug=5Fkillesberg.p=
df

6. Go to the beach at "Sky beach". Trendy "beach" bar on top of a parking=20
garage, volleyball field included (though you have to go down 5 storeys if =

you kick the ball over the side ;).

   http://www.skybeach.de/

7. Visit "St=E4dtisches Lapidarium": A bit of old Stuttgart -- garden with =

parts (portals, colums, etc.) of old buildings.

   http://www.stuttgart-tourist.de/deutsch/stuttgart/sehen/lapidarium.html

8. Visit Weissenhof-Siedlung: If you like Bauhaus architecture...
=20
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus

9. Visit Wilhelma: Botanical garden & zoo, one of the nicest. You need=20
time to do this.

   http://www.wilhelma.de/

10. Mercedes Benz and Porsche museums: For the car buffs. I think both=20
companies are building new ones right now, so call ahead and ask if=20
they're open.

   =20
http://www.mercedes-benz.com/mbcom/international/international=5Fwebsite/en=
/com/international=5Fhome/home/services/meetus/museum.html
   =20
http://content2.eu.porsche.com/prod/service/classic.nsf/usaenglish/worldmus=
eum
=20

Have fun!

Regards,
Jochen

Re: [BEER] And another one: MyFaces meeting at the ApacheCon Europe

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think he has got a lot to do with his company going public in France...

regards,

Martin

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.