Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/05/01 06:34:34 UTC

RE: Multiple independent XSLT transforms applied to one XML file.

> From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
>
> On 30.Apr.2002 -- 04:17 PM, Fabricio Chalub wrote:
> > > you can add any number of transformations. just add another
> > > transformer line
> > > to your pipeline with the second stylesheet.
> >
> > Thanks!  I have tried this and it appears to me that only the last
XSLT
> > transform is applied.  I guess I am not using the sitemap corretly,
then?
> > This is what am I using:
> >
> > <map:match pattern="">
> > <map:redirect-to session="false" uri="index"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > <map:match pattern="*">
> > <map:generate src="documents/{1}.xml"/>
> >
> >    <map:transform src="stylesheets/site.xsl" />
> >    <map:transform src="stylesheets/teacher.xsl" />

Sometimes it is useful to have setup like this:

<map:match pattern="site/*">
  <map:generate src="documents/{1}.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/site.xsl" />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="teacher/*">
  <map:generate src="documents/{1}.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/teacher.xsl" />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*">
  <map:aggregate element="data">
    <map:part src="site/{1}"/>
    <map:part src="teacher/{1}"/>
  </map:aggregate>
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/aggregation-to-whateveryouwant.xsl" />
</map:match>

> > [...]
> >
> > Is this the correct way of doing it?
>
> Yep, it is. Try putting the log transformer inbetween. Or remove the
> second transformation and save the output to a file. Use that to feed
> another pipeline to see if your stylesheets work as expected. Another
> way would be to use xalan on the command line with your files.

Yep.

Vadim