Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com> on 2018/03/17 16:10:04 UTC

[profiler] ready for testing?

I've finished a first-draft test spec for the "Java SE Project" suite,
sections Monitoring, Analyze Performance, and Analyze Memory Usage. Note
that I had to remove a few test cases where there are features that no
longer exist in the profiler (e.g. Object Liveness and Class History
from previous spec), so some of the test case numbers have changed.

I see that some other parts of the suite are getting filled in as well,
fantastic! We should have done this several years ago :(

Are there volunteers to write any other parts of the spec that are still
incomplete? What do you think, do we have enough to do the basics when
full testing of the Apache NetBeans beta starts next week?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: [profiler] ready for testing?

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
I’d be happy to help write some of the other parts of the spec.  Let me
know what you’d like for me to work on.

Thanks

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com> wrote:

> I've finished a first-draft test spec for the "Java SE Project" suite,
> sections Monitoring, Analyze Performance, and Analyze Memory Usage. Note
> that I had to remove a few test cases where there are features that no
> longer exist in the profiler (e.g. Object Liveness and Class History
> from previous spec), so some of the test case numbers have changed.
>
> I see that some other parts of the suite are getting filled in as well,
> fantastic! We should have done this several years ago :(
>
> Are there volunteers to write any other parts of the spec that are still
> incomplete? What do you think, do we have enough to do the basics when
> full testing of the Apache NetBeans beta starts next week?
>
> --
> Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
> "After the vintage season came the aftermath -- and Cenbe."

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/index.php/author/author/view/id/1866