Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by paul johnson <p_...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2005/10/13 22:52:49 UTC

[users@httpd] index/directories leave me vulnerable

i have set up a simple guestbook php script. the index.php contains the
admin password and this file is quite freely available if someone just went
to the guestbook/  directory and downloaded  the file..

is it possible to make it so people cant view directories/index's on my
site. ive spent a good while looking for information relating to this but i
cant find any.

Re: [users@httpd] index/directories leave me vulnerable

Posted by Joshua Kogut <jm...@gmail.com>.
Also, in your first <directory> "directive", turn off indexes, that should
stop the users from seeing an index. Again, as josh has said, just make sure
that php is parsing the file, and that index.php is set to be a directory
index, (like index.html)

On 10/13/05, Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/05, paul johnson <p_...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > i have set up a simple guestbook php script. the index.php contains the
> > admin password and this file is quite freely available if someone just
> went
> > to the guestbook/ directory and downloaded the file..
> >
> > is it possible to make it so people cant view directories/index's on my
> > site. ive spent a good while looking for information relating to this
> but i
> > cant find any.
>
> See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#indexes
>
> But I think you have a deeper problem. Why is guestbook.php
> downloadable? It should be processed by php so that the source code
> should not be available for download. Check you php config.
>
> Joshua.

|| jmkogut ||
email: jmkogut@gmail.com
|| Networking: Where all your problems are category 5. ||

Re: [users@httpd] index/directories leave me vulnerable

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.