Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2001/07/11 10:32:07 UTC

SMS stats, hierarchy output

Hi,

It would be usefull to add stats to the sms code. David has
a patch for that, so I'm sure that will go in.

Now, based on that I'm thinking of doing something more
sophisticated with the data than just dumping it on screen
or in a file. I want to collect all the stats data,
group it by tag/file:line and calculate the averages, aswell
as min and max usage. With this data it should be a lot easier
to decide what kind of memory management a certain part of
the application needs.

Thoughts on that?

Next, the hierarchy output. I know that archives of 10MB are
a bit too much to have a quick look at. I therefor ask who
are the people interested in the hierarchy output. Also,
do you have a problem with having to run dot
(http://www.graphviz.org) yourself? The archive containing the
dot files which produce the images is only ~50KB. Is it worth
doing a patch which allows you to generate this sort of output?
Does it need more info? Maybe stats? Maybe location of operation?

Sander