Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Thoren Johne <th...@southern-division.de> on 2003/02/04 19:15:09 UTC

problem: Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC

hi,

since i compiled my apache new (with mod_bandwidth support),
and recompilation of Emberp of cause, i get the following error:

[Tue Feb  4 19:15:16 2003] [error] Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/loca ...
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/HTML/Embperl.pm line 913.

sure there is not module Apache/compat.pm and i have no idea where to get from...

as i can see, line 913 is just a 'require CGI;'

> perl -e 'require CGI' or perl -e 'use CGI' runs without problems...

TIA

Re: problem: Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC

Posted by Thoren Johne <th...@southern-division.de>.
> > since i compiled my apache new (with mod_bandwidth support),
> > and recompilation of Emberp of cause, i get the following error:
> >
> > [Tue Feb  4 19:15:16 2003] [error] Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains:
>
> Apache:compat is from mod_perl 2. Did you ever try to install mod_perl.
> Maybe CGI.pm finds some Parts of mod_perl 2 and tries load the compatibility
> layer

i found that all weired things happened have been caused by
the 2.89 CGI.pm version. i have updated it with the apache, now
i switched it back to a old version i had (2.752) and it works.

regards
thoren

Re: problem: Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> since i compiled my apache new (with mod_bandwidth support),
> and recompilation of Emberp of cause, i get the following error:
>
> [Tue Feb  4 19:15:16 2003] [error] Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC
(@INC contains:

Apache:compat is from mod_perl 2. Did you ever try to install mod_perl.
Maybe CGI.pm finds some Parts of mod_perl 2 and tries load the compatibility
layer

Gerald