Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vikas Gupta <Vi...@quinnox.com> on 2004/05/20 12:50:01 UTC

Action Classes for JSPs

Hi All,
I was trying to include a jsp portlet in jetspeed.

I was also reading thro the jetspeed-tutorial. It says every jspPortlet
should have an action parameter that corresponds to a  class that extends
JspPortletAction. Is this necessary always. Can I skip it and call a struts
specific action class.

Or If have to include struts framework using jetspeed then how do I do it??

Please respond...

Regards
Vikas

Re: Action Classes for JSPs

Posted by Stefan Rennick Egglestone <sr...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>.
The action class isn't mandatory. I've tried JSP portlets which don't
have an action class, and they work. I've been doing things this way
because it is easier for people who aren't familiar with Jetspeed to
understand my portlets if they are just pure JSP.

Stef