Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thomas SMETS <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/01 19:27:16 UTC

xslt task fails with : Fatal Error! Content is not allowed in prolog.

My XSLT to transform the XML report from checkstyle fails with the following message :
 Fatal Error! Content is not allowed in prolog.

I use the following :
    <xslt in="${quality.dir}/xml/checkstyle-${target}.xml"
           destdir="${checkstyle.dir}"
           style="${config.dir}/${checkstyle.xslt.transformer}"/>
which I believe is expected to work fine with the XSLT generating frames from teh XML

<xslt in="${quality.dir}/xml/checkstyle-${target}.xml"
          out="${quality.dir}/checkstyle-${target}.xml"
          style="${config.dir}/${checkstyle.xslt.transformer}"/>
work fine with the simpler : checkstyle-noframes-sorted.xsl

Any idea,

\T,

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
                                                   Martin Fowler
T. : +32 (0)2 742 05 94
M. : +32 (0)497 44 68 12
@  : duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com
Do you skype too ... ?

Re: xslt task fails with : Fatal Error! Content is not allowed in prolog.

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de>.
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:27:16 -0700 (PDT), Thomas SMETS wrote:

your problem is not the task, but either your .xml or .xsl file, one of them
is not well-formed.

>My XSLT to transform the XML report from checkstyle fails with the
following message :
> Fatal Error! Content is not allowed in prolog.

>I use the following :
>    <xslt in="${quality.dir}/xml/checkstyle-${target}.xml"
>           destdir="${checkstyle.dir}"
>           style="${config.dir}/${checkstyle.xslt.transformer}"/>
>which I believe is expected to work fine with the XSLT generating frames
from teh XML

><xslt in="${quality.dir}/xml/checkstyle-${target}.xml"
>          out="${quality.dir}/checkstyle-${target}.xml"
>          style="${config.dir}/${checkstyle.xslt.transformer}"/>
>work fine with the simpler : checkstyle-noframes-sorted.xsl

>Any idea,

>\T,

>Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
>Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
>                                                   Martin Fowler
>T. : +32 (0)2 742 05 94
>M. : +32 (0)497 44 68 12
>@  : duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com