Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Bhupendra Baraiya <Bh...@continuum.net> on 2016/03/18 15:41:58 UTC

Getting Issue while setting up Cassandra in Windows 8.1

Hi ,

  I tried install Cassandra using above attached  steps
But then I got below error

[cid:image001.png@01D18152.651BB0F0]

When I have send  this to 'dev@cassandra.apache.org' I got below reply

You should use the user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org> list for cassandra-related questions, not this (dev@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>) which is exclusive for internal Cassandra development. You can register to the user list by sending an e-mail to: user-subscribe@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>

Answering your question, it seems your %PATH% variable is broken, for some reason you removed the default "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\" entry, so powershell is not found to run properly configured version of Cassandra, so you must fix that. If you still want to run with legacy settings (not recommended), you must adjust your heap settings (-Xms, -Xmx) on the cassandra.bat script to fit your system's memory.

So I gone to Cassandra.bat and changed Xms and Xmn to 1G and it worked but from last 30 minutes its showing me below progress is it natural or something wrong has happend

[cid:image002.png@01D18152.651BB0F0]

Thanks and regards,

Bhupendra Baraiya
Continuum Managed Services, LLC.
p: 902-933-0019
e: bhupendra.baraiya@continuum.net<ma...@continuum.net>
w: continuum.net
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/281750/file-393087232-png/img/logos/email-continuum-logo-151x26.png]<http://www.continuum.net/>

Re: Getting Issue while setting up Cassandra in Windows 8.1

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.
It seems you have problems with your PATH, so system commands are not being
found. You need to recover your original PATH first, you may find on stack
overflow how to do this.

Another problem that seems to be happening is that path names with spaces
are not being interpreted correctly, so if fixing your PATH does not fix
this you might try renaming the "Learning Office Work" folder to some name
without spaces. And if that fixes your problem then it's probably a bug on
the cassandra win init script so you should file an issue on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/cassandra.

Posted by Bhupendra Baraiya <Bh...@continuum.net>.
HI,

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any apparent problem there, your cassandra process is running
and ready to receive requests, but it's running on the foreground
apparently.

If you want to run C* as a service, you might be better off installing the
DataStax Distribution of Apache Cassandra for Windows, which installs
cassandra as a background windows service. You can find more info here:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra_win/3.x/cassandra/install/installWin.html