Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2011/11/03 15:22:06 UTC

Re: ApacheCon meetup? - when/where?

When, specifically, is the Kafka meetup planned to be?  Also, do you
have a wiki page devoted to what you'll talk about / for capturing notes
during the meetup?  Please let me know directly ASAP.

The ApacheCon planners currently have one of our official Meetup rooms
scheduled for Kafka on Wednesday evening, from 8-10PM.  But if you're
planning to all meet during lunch instead, we could use this room for
another group.

Note that one advantage to having Meetups in the evening is that the
after 8pm events are free to all, you don't need to be an ApacheCon
attendee to go to them.  Not sure if this matters for Kafka or not - we
definitely have some other larger projects with Meetups that they're
hoping to get local, non-con-attendees to come to.

Just let me know if I should hold the evening room for you, or if you
plan to just meet at lunch.

Thanks,
- Shane
on behalf of ApacheCon planners

Re: ApacheCon meetup? - when/where?

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good!  I have a black AddThis shirt on.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.