Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/12/10 12:36:25 UTC

Re: Urgent - Help required

Can you send the stacktrace from the client?
-Dug

jeelani basha <s_...@yahoo.com> on 12/09/2001 11:08:14 PM

To:   axis-user@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Urgent - Help required

Hi,

I am in the mid of a prototype that I am building
using Axis on Tomcat 4.0. I was able to run everything
smoothly using the alpha-2 release. But now when I am
using alpha-3, I am facing some problems. I even
downloaded the jar files of 6th-dec-2001 build and
tried.

I deployed a simple service which accepts custom type
input parameters. The deployment descriptor is as
shown below:

deploy.wsdd:
---------------

 <service name="urn:creditService"
provider="java:RPC">
   <parameter name="className" value="CreditService"/>
   <parameter name="methodName" value="getCredit"/>

   <beanMapping qname="myNS:account"
xmlns:myNS="urn:creditService"

languageSpecificType="java:AccountBean"/>
 </service>
</deployment>

I am able to deploy the service and can found that the
service is being added to the server-config.wsdd file.
But when I access the service, I am getting
"NullPointerException" at the client side. No
exception is displayed on the tomcat console.

The clien program code is as shown below:
------------------------------------
Service  service = new Service();

 //Create a Call object and set the parameterss
Call call    = (Call) service.createCall();
call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new
java.net.URL("http://localhost:8080/axis/services/urn:creditService"));
call.setOperationName("getCredit");
call.setProperty(Call.NAMESPACE,"urn:creditService");

//Create the customer object to set first and last
names
AccountBean account = new AccountBean();
account.setAccountNumber("123213");

// Register the Customer class
QName qn = new QName("urn:creditService",
"AccountBean");
Class cls = AccountBean.class;
call.addSerializer(cls, qn, new
org.apache.axis.encoding.BeanSerializer(cls));

 // Set the input parameter to Call object
call.addParameter( "arg1", new XMLType(qn),
Call.PARAM_MODE_IN );

 //Invoke the service to get the response message as
String object
 String response = (String) call.invoke( new Object[]
{ customer } );
The same code works fine with alpha-2 release.

Please help me?.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jeelani

http://greetings.yahoo.com