Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/07/03 19:06:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Airavata Versioning Scheme

Hi All,

It will be good to formalize a versioning scheme for Airavata and vote on it as a policy. As a starting point, how about we adopt the Semantic Versioning Specification - http://semver.org/?

Here is one more illustration - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/VersionNumbers.svg

Thoughts?

Suresh

Re: [DISCUSS] Airavata Versioning Scheme

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
+1, please.

Thanks
Amila

Posted by Viknes Balasubramanee <vi...@msn.com>.
+1 - Viknes

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Lahiru

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: [DISCUSS] Airavata Versioning Scheme

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Since there were no opposition on this thread, I will conclude this discussion as agreeing to have semantic versioning for Airavata (I will presume this will be both for software product and also the API) .

Suresh

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.