Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2014/07/04 22:39:45 UTC

James 3 Multiple Datasources?

I need to be able to access a different database from my default James
mail db in a couple of matchers and mailets.  In james 2, I was able to
easily add a 2nd datasource into the <datasources> tag block in the
config file, and simple access the other datasource by name in my
matcher/mailets.  In James 3, I know everything has changed to Spring
with beans, etc.  I have been digging through the config files, the
docs, and the source, and I can't figure out how to define an additional
named datasource and access it.   I see throughout the config files
where repositoryPath is using the original 'maildb' datasource name.  I
assume 'maildb' refers to the db defined in
"james-database.properties".  But couldn't find any place where that
correlation was specified.  Is the "maildb" datasource name not used
anymore?

I need to define a 'db://myDataSource' like I did in J2.  I'm probably
missing something obvious.  But I'm stuck.  How do I do that?

Thx.

Jerry

Re: James 3 Multiple Datasources?

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.