Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ahlist <ah...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/27 23:37:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Internet Explorer 7 only downloads half of file

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with an issue where Internet Explorer will only
download approx half of a file from Apache 1.3.x servers?

A client has the same file loaded on our apache servers and his own
server. On ours it downloads (with out reporting an error) approx 400k
of an 800k file. The file is correct on disk and downloads fine on
firefox.

It is a single file being served direct from disk. No .htaccess, no
streaming from a script, etc.

I'd post URL's but I do not think the client would already approve.
Telling them to use something other than IE7 won't work either.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Internet Explorer 7 only downloads half of file

Posted by Res <re...@ausics.net>.

On Mon, 28 May 2007, Steve Finkelstein wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I've seen something similar in a previous development environment I had
> participated in setting up. In particular, the culprit was a .css file,
> however that was most likely coincidence and irrelevant as the Content
> Type of the file was not at fault.
>
> What happens if you try to wget/curl the file manually, without using a
> browser as a client?

What about with firefox?

I doubt this apache, I've seen this hundreds of times with incorrect MTU
on routers

> Thanks,
>
> - Steve
>
> ahlist wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is anyone familiar with an issue where Internet Explorer will only
>> download approx half of a file from Apache 1.3.x servers?
>>
>> A client has the same file loaded on our apache servers and his own
>> server. On ours it downloads (with out reporting an error) approx 400k
>> of an 800k file. The file is correct on disk and downloads fine on
>> firefox.
>>
>> It is a single file being served direct from disk. No .htaccess, no
>> streaming from a script, etc.
>>
>> I'd post URL's but I do not think the client would already approve.
>> Telling them to use something other than IE7 won't work either.
>>
>> Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

>> !DSPAM:1020,4659fa66706265414056337!

- --
Cheers
Res

Re: [users@httpd] Internet Explorer 7 only downloads half of file

Posted by Hamilton Vera <ha...@i2.com.br>.
The only problem till now with IE7, it is related with SSL certificates,
no problems with downloads yet ( even in version 1.3.34 and 1.3.37).

Hamilton Vera
int Administrator (char Network[],char ComputationalSystems[]);
http://antispam.br/
"Google is my shepherd, no want shall I know"

Posted by Steve Finkelstein <sf...@stevefink.net>.
Hello -