Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/02/18 16:57:23 UTC

Re: Can't add entry in RDF (Postgres and Turbine/torque)

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 12:25, bib wrote:
> Der all,
> As a newbe using Turbine 2.1, I've made the changes into
> tdk/share/conf/torque/templates/sql/base/postgresql/db.props
> accordingly messages of Colm and Daniel.
> Furthermore, i have updated the postgresql.jar to the v7.2
> binary located at http://jdbc.postgresql.org.
>
> Now, the "adding user" issue is resolved, but turbine
> returns an error when trying to add records in 'RDF' table

The general problem I have found is that when I get blobs working (which
is required to save a user) then normal inserts stop working. We use
Postgres in Tambora but we don't use Torque so I have never really
delved into the problem but it has plagued us for well over a year and
no one seems to have a solution that I know of because this issue crops
up over and over again.

My suggestion would be to remove the blob type from the user schema and
don't patch the postgres JAR. The blob column in the user schema is
effectively useless any way.

> In my little understanding of the engine, RDF_ID
> should be considered as "serial" i.e: AUTOINCREMENT insteed
> of INTEGER, furthermore idMethod of the table should be set
> to 'native' in order to use sequence capabilitie of postgres.
>
> So, I've made those changes in 'newapp-schema.xml', trying to set
> RDF_ID's type to "AUTOINCREMENT". Unfortunatly, I couldn't get
> the 'newapp' being initialized correctly (Build Faillure).
> I've then play arround with the table property idMethod="native"
> without more success.
>
> Would someone be nice enough in helping me to achieve setup ?
>
> Many thanks in advance for your tips.
> Kindest regards
> Bertrand Habib

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Can't add entry in RDF (Postgres and Turbine/torque)

Posted by bib <bi...@database59.ch>.
Many thanks to Bill, Colm and Jason for theire answer.
I will still follow issues about turbine and postgresql, but
to learn a bit about turbine, I just switched to MySQL
for getting a working turbine engine.
Now, everythings works as expected :-)
Kindest regards
Bertrand

Re: Can't add entry in RDF (Postgres and Turbine/torque)

Posted by Bill Schneider <bs...@vecna.com>.
For whatever reason, I couldn't get "native" autoincrement columns to
work in Postgres with torque 2.1--it kept giving me a db error that I
was trying to insert a null value into a not-null column foo_id.

3.0 (latest from cvs) looks like it gives me a different error:
xxxxxx_seq.currval not defined on this session.  (Perhaps it needs to
call .nextval first.)

-- Bill

The id broker seems to work fine, with one exception: in Postgres,