Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 12:20:16 UTC

deprecated methods

hi

i have two deprecated methods and my Tapestry version is 4.1.1

first is

getTapMapScript().execute(cycle,pageRenderSupport, symbols);

second is

pageRenderSupport.addExternalScript(new ExternalResource(path, null));

"execute" and "addExternalScript" methods are deprecated, but i can use
"execute" method in my first statement by providing four arguements (
IComponent, IRequestCycle, IScriptProcessor, MapSymbols ) - deprecated
method took only 2 parameters(without IComponent)

same like my second statement

i can use "addExternalScript "method by providing 2 arguments ( IComponent,
Resource )

Please anyone can explain how can i use these two methods by providing 4
arguments which are the type of  "IComponent"

Re: deprecated methods

Posted by Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com>.
Its not working, when I put "this" there it gives me errors as

org.Apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException

org.Apache.tapestry.IScript.execute
(Lorg/Apache/tapestry/IComponent;Lorg/Apache/tapestry/IRequestCycle;Lorg/Apache/tapestry/IScriptProcessor;Ljava/util/Map;)V

and

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

On 5/26/07, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's just like the documentation says -
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/IScriptProcessor.html
> .
>
> So, probably something like:
>
> getTapMapScript().execute(this, cycle, pageRenderSupport, symbols);
>
> On 5/24/07, Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > hi
> >
> > i have two deprecated methods and my Tapestry version is 4.1.1
> >
> > first is
> >
> > getTapMapScript().execute(cycle,pageRenderSupport, symbols);
> >
> > second is
> >
> > pageRenderSupport.addExternalScript(new ExternalResource(path, null));
> >
> > "execute" and "addExternalScript" methods are deprecated, but i can use
> > "execute" method in my first statement by providing four arguements (
> > IComponent, IRequestCycle, IScriptProcessor, MapSymbols ) - deprecated
> > method took only 2 parameters(without IComponent)
> >
> > same like my second statement
> >
> > i can use "addExternalScript "method by providing 2 arguments (
> > IComponent,
> > Resource )
> >

> > Please anyone can explain how can i use these two methods by providing 4
> > arguments which are the type of  "IComponent"
> >

> --
> Jesse Kuhnert
> Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Think outside the box