Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Helio Theodoro Junior <he...@tj.rj.gov.br> on 2004/03/01 20:44:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Question

How can I remove the information on the system that  appear in the error
messages of the Apache?

ex:
        Object not found!

The requested URL ......, please contact the  <ma...@localhost.local>
webmaster

Error 404

MAchine_NAme

Mon 01 Mar 2004 04:58:34 PM BRT
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux) mod_perl/1.99_05-dev Perl/v5.8.0 PHP/4.2.2
mod_python/3.0.0 Python/2.2.1 mod_ssl/2.0.40 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/2

Excuse my English.

Helio

Re: [users@httpd] Question

Posted by Michael Scott <ms...@pyewacket.org>.
Quoting Helio Theodoro Junior <he...@tj.rj.gov.br>:

> How can I remove the information on the system that  appear in the
> error
> messages of the Apache?
>
> ex:
>         Object not found!
>
> The requested URL ......, please contact the
> <ma...@localhost.local>
> webmaster

Helio,
Do you want to get rid of the message, or have your actual email address in the
mailto: link?

If you want to get rid of the root@localhost.local, which isn't a valid email
address anyway, look for the 'ServerAdmin' directive in httpd.conf and change it
to be a valid email address.

Re: [users@httpd] Question

Posted by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com>.
At 02:44 PM 3/1/2004, Helio Theodoro Junior wrote:
>How can I remove the information on the system that  appear in the error
>messages of the Apache?

Helio, you can customize the error messages by changing your httpd.conf
file. Look for the line that says

ErrorDocument 404 "Object not found!....."

and if you want no info at all to display set it to " " or maybe even "".
Though it might be a good idea to give client //some idea of what went wrong.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml