Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Hilbig <th...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/16 21:53:26 UTC

auto_index extension to filter on update time

Does anyone have any MP code to extend the
functionality of the mod_autoindex to include a new
filter that is based on files that are before or after
a last-modified date?

Please excuse my lack of MP handler experience, I
don't know how easy (or not) this would be.  It seems
that this kind of filter would be useful to have in
mod_autoindex for detecting new files regardless of
their name.  mod_autoindex can currently only sort by
last-modified date, but not filter like it can with
the filename.

Tom

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: auto_index extension to filter on update time

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.
On Jul 16, 2007, at 3:53 PM, Thomas Hilbig wrote:

> Does anyone have any MP code to extend the
> functionality of the mod_autoindex to include a new
> filter that is based on files that are before or after
> a last-modified date?
>
> Please excuse my lack of MP handler experience, I
> don't know how easy (or not) this would be.  It seems
> that this kind of filter would be useful to have in
> mod_autoindex for detecting new files regardless of
> their name.  mod_autoindex can currently only sort by
> last-modified date, but not filter like it can with
> the filename.

I think you'd have to rewrite mod_autoindex to get your functionality.

However, that wouldn't be very hard to do in MP .

// Jonathan Vanasco

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: auto_index extension to filter on update time

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On 7/16/07, Thomas Hilbig <th...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any MP code to extend the
> functionality of the mod_autoindex to include a new
> filter that is based on files that are before or after
> a last-modified date?

Maybe one of these would help you:
http://search.cpan.org/~gozer/Apache-AutoIndex-0.08/
http://search.cpan.org/~nicolaw/Apache2-AutoIndex-XSLT-0.03/