Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Beeston <ar...@bigpond.com> on 2018/08/11 23:56:43 UTC

Administratos approval

Dear Users

I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “ unable to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious as I do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.

I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.

Many Thanks

Richard

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Please watch your language too! Be polite. Thank you very much.

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
BTW - The Apache Software Foundation Code of Conduct is found here: https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct <https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct>

Regards,
Dave

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Apologies.

Re: Administratos approval

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for saying that.

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Maurice Howe <ma...@gmail.com>.
Good grief !!!

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Jackson Snyder <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by Jackson Snyder <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: Administratos approval

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 12/08/18 09:26, Richard Beeston wrote:
> Dear Users
>
> I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “ unable to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious as I do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.
>
> I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Richard
That is a Windows message; this site
https://superuser.com/questions/692461/admins-permission-to-copy-a-file-into-program-files-folder
seems to offer a solution. A web search for the error message will turn
up more results if needed.

cc to OP as he is not subscribed to the list.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Useless Invention: Particle board tent stakes.