Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sören Brunk <so...@deri.org> on 2011/11/08 17:33:00 UTC

RowSimilarityJob input

Hi,

I'm trying to use RowSimilarityJob (current trunk) to calculate pairwise
similarities between feature vectors but I'm struggling a bit with the
correct input format.

I used SparseVectorsFromSequenceFiles to create a bunch of vectors from
documents. But using the tfidf vectors directly as input doesn't work as
it produces vectors with Strings as keys, while RowSimilarityJob seems
to expect IntWritable.
I've also seen something about DistributedRowMatrix as input in some
older docs.

Any hints? Is RowSimilarityJob a good choice for that task at all?

Thanks for your help,
Sören

Re: RowSimilarityJob input

Posted by Sören Brunk <so...@deri.org>.
Ok after simply converting the vector keys from Text to IntWritable, it
worked fine for me.
Took a while though, but it ran only on my local machine with default
vectorization settings and almost no preprocessing, so there's much room
for improvement.

Thanks for your help!
Sören

Re: RowSimilarityJob input