Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kyndel Weirich <ky...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/05 18:52:21 UTC

Writer not printing all lines of text on a document

Hello,
I hope you can help.  I’ve been to the online forums and follow directions accordingly.
I’ve uninstalled and re-installed my printer driver.
I’ve tried to print from the PDF document
I’ve updated OO to 4.1.5
I’ve rebooted both the printer and the computer.
And I still cannot get all lines of text to print.  I’m not sure what the issue is or how to fix it.  I’m in the process of looking for a new job and I can’t bring a half printed document to an employer.  Please help

Printed of printed document out of HP 4650

Image from PDF document

Image from OO Writer 4.1.5

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Writer not printing all lines of text on a document

Posted by zahra a <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
just find openoffice, tools, options, openoffice writer, then print.
then, you can specify which parts of file you want to print with
checking or unchecking the available check boxes and then save your
settings.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 4/6/18, Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is your page size defined correctly?  Are you printing landscape and
> expecting portrait?
> Use Format->Page->Page tab.
>
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Kyndel Weirich <ky...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I hope you can help.  I’ve been to the online forums and follow
>> directions
>> accordingly.
>>
>> I’ve uninstalled and re-installed my printer driver.
>>
>> I’ve tried to print from the PDF document
>>
>> I’ve updated OO to 4.1.5
>>
>> I’ve rebooted both the printer and the computer.
>>
>> And I still cannot get all lines of text to print.  I’m not sure what the
>> issue is or how to fix it.  I’m in the process of looking for a new job
>> and
>> I can’t bring a half printed document to an employer.  Please help
>>

>> Printed of printed document out of HP 4650
>>

>> Image from PDF document
>>
>> Image from OO Writer 4.1.5

>> Windows 10

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Writer not printing all lines of text on a document

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:52:21 -0500
Kyndel Weirich <ky...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I hope you can help.  I’ve been to the online forums and follow directions accordingly.
> I’ve uninstalled and re-installed my printer driver.
> I’ve tried to print from the PDF document
> I’ve updated OO to 4.1.5
> I’ve rebooted both the printer and the computer.
> And I still cannot get all lines of text to print.  I’m not sure what the issue is or how to fix it.  I’m in the process of looking for a new job and I can’t bring a half printed document to an employer.  Please help
>
> Printed of printed document out of HP 4650
>

> Image from PDF document
>
> Image from OO Writer 4.1.5
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

There have been reports on the OO Forum of the last line of a document saved in .doc format not printing.  As a workaround we suggested padding any such document with a few empty lines at the end.  This was reported to permit the significant content of he document to print.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>