Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Emmanuel Touzery <em...@lit-transit.com> on 2017/03/23 09:27:23 UTC

registering a JMS MDB works through annotations, not through ejb-jar.xml

Hello,

     I'm having trouble registering an MDB through the ejb-jar.xml.

     If I have the annotations on the MDB, like so:

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType",
propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination",
propertyValue = "tmsAlertQueue")},
        mappedName = "jms/tmsAlertQueue")
public class AlertMessageHandler extends
BaseMessageHandler<AlertBatchDto> implements MessageListener {

     Everything works fine. But I'd rather have the annotations in the
ejb-jar.xml (so I can turn them on or off through config). I have this
(and those exact annotations worked on glassfish 3.1.2.2) =>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ejb-jar xmlns = "http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
          version = "3.1"
          xmlns:xsi = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
          xsi:schemaLocation = "http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_1.xsd">
     <enterprise-beans>
         <message-driven>
<display-name>AlertMessageHandler</display-name>
             <ejb-name>AlertMessageHandler</ejb-name>
<mapped-name>jms/tmsAlertQueue</mapped-name>
<ejb-class>tms.tms_core.handlers.alerts.AlertMessageHandler</ejb-class>
<message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>
             <activation-config>
                 <activation-config-property>
<activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>tmsAlertQueue</activation-config-property-value>

                 </activation-config-property>
                 <activation-config-property>
<activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>javax.jms.Queue</activation-config-property-value>

                 </activation-config-property>
             </activation-config>
         </message-driven>
</ejb-jar>

     But that doesn't work. I know tomee parses the ejb-jar.xml, because
if I put garbage in it, I get an error. I'm testing in arquillian right
now actually, and registering the ejb-jar through shrinkwrap like so:

                 .addAsWebInfResource("WEB-INF/ejb-jar.xml", "ejb-jar.xml")

     I've tried modifying the ejb-jar root element for JEE7, like so:

<ejb-jar xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee"
         version="3.2"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee
http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_2.xsd">

     And also adding the metadata-complete attribute (both to true and
false), to no avail. The log file doesn't tell me much.

     Any idea what I can do next?

     Thank you!

emmanuel

Re: registering a JMS MDB works through annotations, not through ejb-jar.xml

Posted by Emmanuel Touzery <em...@lit-transit.com>.
Hi,

     yes I typed in the right class & package name, actually if I
introduce a typo on purpose the app doesn't start (which is nice):

org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBRuntimeException: <wrong class name>
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.rules.CheckClasses.validate(CheckClasses.java:148)
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.rules.ValidationBase.validate(ValidationBase.java:50)
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.AppValidator.validate(AppValidator.java:102)
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.ValidateModules.deploy(ValidateModules.java:38)

     Ok, I'll see what I can do with regards to that, thanks for the tip...

emmanuel

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi