Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Larry Suto <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/22 21:55:04 UTC

Issues with maven jar plugin and artifact naming

   - <#>         Hi I am building a jar and a war in in the same pom and
having some naming issues. I have a separate execution for the jar plugin so
the jar is generated in addition to the war. When I run mvn install the
produced jar gets renamed to IPEsvc-2.4-agent.jar. I would like it to
actually be named IPESvc-agent-2.4.jar.
Is there any way to do this? I have enclosed the relevent pom sections.

Thanks

L Suto

<project xmlns="*http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0*" xmlns:xsi="*
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance*" xsi:schemaLocation="*
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd*"

   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>IpeSvc</groupId>
   <artifactId>IpeSvc</artifactId>
   <name>IpeSvc</name>
   <version>2.4</version>
   <packaging>war</packaging>
   <description />
 - <#> <properties>
   <warStagingDir>${project.build.directory}/${project.artifactId}War</
warStagingDir>
  </properties>

  - <#> <plugin>
 - <#> <executions>
 - <#> <execution>
   <phase>package</phase>
 - <#> <goals>
   <goal>jar</goal>
  </goals>
 - <#> <configuration>
   <classifier>agent</classifier>
 - <#> <includes>
   <include>**/agent/**</include>
  </includes>
  </configuration>
  </execution>
  </executions>
  </plugin>
 - <#> <plugin>
   <version>2.0</version>
 - <#> <configuration>
   <warSourceDirectory>webContent</warSourceDirectory>
- <#> <!--

						CRITICAL: ides place classes and libs in here. Use only maven
						artifacts

  -->
   <warSourceExcludes>WEB-INF/classes/**/*,WEB-INF/lib/**/*</
warSourceExcludes>
   <webXml>webContent/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
   <webappDirectory>${warStagingDir}</webappDirectory>
  </configuration>
  </plugin>
  </plugins>
  </build>
 - <#> <reporting>
 - <#> <plugins>
 - <#> <plugin>
   <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
   <artifactId>javancss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.0-beta-2</version>
  </plugin>
  </plugins>
  </reporting>