Posted to repository@apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/06/18 13:24:06 UTC

[Asfrepository Wiki] Update of "BrettPorter" by BrettPorter

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Asfrepository Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by BrettPorter:
http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/BrettPorter

  At apache, projects using Maven should set:
  {{{
- maven.repo.apache=scp://www.apache.org
+ maven.repo.apache.releases=scp://www.apache.org
- maven.repo.apache.directory=/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
+ maven.repo.apache.releases.directory=/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
  }}}

  and

  {{{
- maven.repo.list=apachecvs
+ maven.repo.list=apache.snapshots
- maven.repo.apachecvs=scp://cvs.apache.org
+ maven.repo.apache.snapshots=scp://cvs.apache.org
- maven.repo.apachecvs.directory=/www/cvs.apache.org/repository
+ maven.repo.apache.snapshots.directory=/www/cvs.apache.org/repository
  }}}

- The release manager uses {{{-Dmaven.repo.list=apache}}} to publish to the other location.
+ The release manager uses {{{-Dmaven.repo.list=apache.releases}}} to publish to the other location.
- This can be enforced by permissions if we really have a problem (though once
+ This can be enforced by permissions if we really have a problem.
- people get harassed about snapshots when they turn up, I think it'll quickly stop).

  == Required new features ==

@@ -73, +72 @@

  == Repository Layout ==

- Current ASFRepository proposed layout: http://wiki.apache.org/ASFRepository/Proposals
+ Current ASFRepository proposed layout: http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/Proposals

  Maven-2 layout: http://docs.codehaus.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8003

@@ -86, +85 @@

     * {{{symlinks.sh}}} -- generates symlinks
     * {{{verify_sigs.sh}}} -- verifies checksums and sigs

+  * Commons Release documentation: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html
+
  == Other Notes ==

  From Henk: