Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <ka...@micron.com> on 2018/08/13 19:08:32 UTC

Get all Processors

All,

I was trying to get all processors from "root" Process group with the following rest call - /nifi-api/process-groups/root/processors?includeDescendantGroups=true and this call keeps timing out with the below exception

 javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

We have around 2000 processors on that instance and if I change the process group from root to a lower level group with less number of processors, the call will return the ProcessorsEntity json. Any idea on why this is timing out where as more bulkier rest calls such as /flow/process-groups/root/status?recursive=true Will return results immediately ?

-Karthik

RE: [EXT] Re: Get all Processors

Posted by "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <ka...@micron.com>.
Daniel,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, however I have built a python client which we use internally to automate few things as well. Coming back to getting list of all processors, I use “/flow/process-groups/root/status? recursive=true” for getting all components in one call and then parse the ProcessGroupStatusEntity recursively to get all processors/process-groups from an instance but this approach will not give me the ControllerServices that a processor is referencing.

One approach from here on is to make one rest call per processor to get those details (which is expensive timewise) or filter the processor list for the specific set of processor types you’re interested in and then make a rest call for each one in the filtered list. Either ways, I was trying to see if this can be done with very few rest call/s (possibly one) as I will run this every five minutes and collect stats about those processors.

-Karthik

Posted by Daniel Chaffelson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karthik,

)