Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shohji Mikami <sm...@nekonet.co.jp> on 2013/06/04 10:34:56 UTC

About includeParams in S2-014

 Struts 2 security report S2-014 strongly recommends upgrading Struts to
2.3.14.2, but in our project current Struts 2.3.4.1 is difficult to upgrade.
 Our project member verified the problem of S2-014 and found -- when the
includeParams="all" or "get" were not specified in s:url and s:a tag, no
malfunctioning behavior were seen.
 I'd like to ask a question. As in our JSP application url/a tag neither
includeParams="all" nor includeParams="get" is specified, we'd like to avoid
upgrading Struts this time. Does this decision have a problem?
Regards
 Shohji Mikami

RE: About includeParams in S2-014

Posted by Shohji Mikami <sm...@nekonet.co.jp>.
Thank you for your quick response and effective information.
I'll check the S2-015 report.
I could not find this report via google. Your new information is really
appreciated.
  Shohji Mikami

Even if probably it's not the best way to go, If you are not using
includeParams all or get, you would not have to concern about S2-013
and S2-014.

Please, check your app against S2-015 [1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-015

Maurizio Cucchiara

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.